Thursday 21 January 2010

An Almost Spiritual Experience


Without question,
Sans doute,
That, there, is the greatest word of poetry,
I have ever written,
In my entire life!


Come, take a look!

This word came to me in a dream,
An almost spiritual experience,
I think you will agree,

An almost spiritual experience,
Like,
Oprah interviewing herself on Oprah Winfrey.


That,
There,
Down here!
Please take a look,
Don't be bashful, don't be shy,
On this authentic piece of high-grade recycled paper -
Is the greatest word of poetry,
I have ever written,
In my entire life!
My. Entire. Life.

And perhaps,
Much more poignantly,
For me, at least -
This is,
The greatest word of poetry,
I will,
Ever,
Write.


At long last,
I've done it!
I almost feel like crying,
But I'm a man,
So I'll try and hold my tears -
My Tears of Toil -
I'll try to hold them back
.

So,
What now..?

What do I do,
Now?

Oh,
I suppose this must be it really.

My journey has ended,
Yes, my friends,
This wonderful, crazy,
dangerous and perilous,
Journey has ended.
Oh, What a journey!