Sunday 2 September 2012

Not Dead On Twitter


You wait ages,
Then one dead celebrity arrives at the same time.

After a devastated moment or two of unfathomable reflection,
The Real Living Celebrity compere's their thought:
Twitter!

Lock and load.
Lodestar and embiggen.
Gurn!      

......Liked (18,002)

For where your attention goes..

Abdominize catharsis:
Eulogise with as many as 140 characters.
It's a competitive crucible this Community of Loss:
Boldly sad.

The fabulist Jedi Mourners.
Formula One soundbite emoticon emissionaries :'(
You too can join them, 
And experience the evident joy of marketing your mourning ;)

..so that prompts me to mention I cannot even begin to focus on promoting my new-new book incidentally out tomorrow so please not now not now I don't know why I even mention it..

Waving,
Drowning the gone.
Only the clamour of waves.
Only the clamour of waves is on.

Personally I'm also a little devastated:
I will never be the celebrity friends' dead.
I feel a genuine sense of loss;
Incomprehensibles far beyond words die in my simmering reliquary,
There no deliquescing celebrity shall seep to curate me,
On Twitter.

On Twitter,
They won't vent around my eco-pyre,
Valiantly tweet-viraling their gainful torment,
As my soul shift-phases to some fading cosmic goddess meme.

..so that prompts me to mention I cannot even begin to focus on promoting my new-new book incidentally out tomorrow so please not now not now I don't know why I even mention it..
Did I say that already?

So,
When you're not dead on Twitter,
You're dead.
And that's dead in the really bad way.