Thursday 11 May 2023

Dear Reader..


After uploading poem 600+, I thought I would share a few thoughts with you.

Again many thanks to all of you who have followed my writings over the years. To say that I am genuinely appreciative is more than an understatement. I feel truly humbled. In this day and age where we are subject to thousands of distractions and choices, then, for many thousands of you to decide to dedicate some of your precious time to visit and revisit this site, again and again, is absolutely magic. For you to then share your favourite poems from here with others..What can I say to that?

This site is now receiving at least many hundreds of unique vists daily; and monthly it is now in the thousands. This is actually quite encouraging for a poetry site that has grown organically, only by word of mouth, so to speak,and a site assiduously ignored, or even shadow-banned, by the mainstream. It has been a long haul, but so worth it.. And some of the folks that follow this site, religiously, seem to viscerally, not at all enjoy my writings. Yet, here they are, still following and consuming, making sure they don't mis a post...Odd, isn't it? For this reason, unfortuntely, the comments are still disabled. Although vituperative feedback, as always, can be directed to me persoanlly and privately, via email.

Many, many of you over the years have sent me messages not only of support, but thanks. And all are humbly noted. Your feedback, letting me know that reading these poems often help you feel less alone and isolated, and help confirm what you already know - that you are not going mad - also provide me with sustenance to continue curating my favourite headache!. And, yes, Truth is still something to search for and believe in. The fact that some of my humorous poems also provide you with many laughs along the way, well, that is more than just a bonus. We can still travel lightly, buoyantly. Again, many thanks.

I would also like to acknowledge here my gratitude for the quiet support and interest, from certain other people and places, nodes and constellations. Yes, I feel it..

Remember, it is darkest before the dawn. Well, let's hope that the dawn arrives soon. So, let us stay higher-minded. Your light is within you. No-one can take it from you. So, remain strong, friends.

I pledge, and promise, to carry on with the serious comedy..

Your humble poet,
Suki